New role open. Seeking applicants now:
ECO-TOURISM MARKETING ASSISTANT POSITION
Do you want a marketing career that makes a difference?
Echidna Walkabout is a social enterprise with a mission to ensure the future of free-living wild animals in Australia.
Sensitive, responsible wildlife tourism can provide a funding solution for native wildlife conservation in Australia and opportunities for local communities to benefit from protecting wildlife and habitats.
To do that, marketing is essential. The world needs to hear about our exciting wildlife, and how to travel here to see it in a sustainable way.
TO APPLY – please fill out this survey:
We need a marketing team with knowledge, vision and passion to help the world understand our fascinating wildlife.
We are seeking a team member who has a tertiary level qualification in marketing, or in tourism with a strong marketing focus, or equivalent experience.
Experience in CRM database systems and experience with social media marketing, SEO and working with traditional media will be very helpful.
What will you be doing:
- Co-ordinate and write social media posts.
- Establish and maintain contact with our network of past clients, trade and government.
- Maintain and update online product information, and discover new online opportunities.
- Distribute content created by the Director of Marketing.
- Maintain and update Customer Relationship Marketing Database.
- Produce regular sales figures and other administration tasks for the Director.
The skills and attributes we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of Australian wildlife.
- A strong understanding of social media.
- An understanding of conservation and sustainability ethics.
- An understanding of the tourism industry.
- Basic image manipulation skills in graphics program (Photoshop, GIMP or similar).
- Basic video editing skills in Adobe Premiere Elements or similar.
- An ability to write an attention-grabbing press release and blog.
- An ability to be organised, punctual and to meet deadlines.
- An ability to learn and work in a team.
- A pleasant, friendly manner.
DO NOT telephone or email us – we will not accept telephone calls or emails about this advertisement. If you have questions, please ask them in the comments fields in the survey.
After analysing the survey results we will contact applicants who fit the criteria.
Seeking Applicants now: WILDLIFE GUIDE POSITION
Do you know and love Australia’s wildlife?
- Would you like to join Australia’s premier wildlife tour operator as part of a small, enthusiastic and dedicated team devoted to helping international guests understand and protect our wildlife IN THE WILD?
- Do you have a genuine, in depth, knowledge of Australia’s birds, mammals and natural environments and great guiding skills enabling you to enthusiastically and effectively share your knowledge with international visitors?
- Are you open-minded and willing to integrate your skills into our style by participating in our in-house guide training program?
- Are you looking for work?
- Do you live in or near Melbourne?
Echidna Walkabout (Port Melbourne) seeks casual Wildlife & Nature Guides. We are based in Port Melbourne and have over 25 years experience operating high quality wildlife tours, in the wild, for international visitors.
TO APPLY – your application MUST display:
- A comprehensive, detailed knowledge and understanding of Australian wildlife and environments. (You do not have to be a scientist. We are seeking people who are confident about identifying and describing individual species of birds and mammals)
- Previous guiding experience
STYLE – successful applicants will be:
- passionate about wildlife – in the wild
- able to deliver information about our unique wildlife in a friendly, enthusiastic, respectful and courteous manner
- happy to work closely with Aboriginal People
- willing to participate in our in-house guide training program (regardless of previous experience)
PRESENTATION & PERFORMANCE – you will need to:
- be outgoing and well presented
- have first class communication and public speaking skills
- work unsupervised in wild and natural areas
- guide groups ranging in size from 2 to 40 people
- work alongside our small enthusiastic team
- guide first class, world standard, wildlife tours
BASIC PREREQUISITES – you should:
- have a full drivers license
- bring with you – or be prepared to gain – a Victorian Drivers Certificate
- have Level 2 First Aid Certificate
APPLICATIONS: To better understand our business please research our website: echidnawalkabout.com.au then email your resume, contact details, references and any pertinent information (or questions) to:
Roger Smith, Director Operations, Echidna Walkabout: email@example.com
NOTE: DO NOT telephone us. We will NOT accept telephone calls about this advertisement. If you have any questions please email them to Roger (see above)
We will respond to all applications and contact you if we would like to talk to you further or offer you an interview.
Wildlife Guide Training
All our tours are fully guided by experienced, highly-trained Wildlife Guides. Read about our Wildlife Guide Training Program
Koala Researcher Position
KOALA RESEARCHER POSITION
A casual position is available for a Koala Researcher local to the You Yangs/Geelong region
Applicant would need to have:
- Current Victorian Drivers License & their own transport
- Interest in wildlife
- Great eyes for finding wildlife
- A committment to conservation and sustainability
To apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Echidna Walkabout Nature Tours
T: +613 9646 8249
Fax: +613 9681 9177