Tour Code: GTKK – half day
KANGAROOS & KOALAS In The Wild
Includes morning or afternoon refreshments
The GTKK is a great trip to offer to groups that have limited time and want to see a lot of wildlife close to Melbourne.
- Duration: Half Day - 5 hours
- Operates: any time of year - AM or PM (Except 25th & 26th December)
- Group Size: 9 to 120+
- Includes: Wildlife Guide, morning or afternoon refreshments
- Transport: You can supply transport or we can – please see our Echidna Groups rate sheet.
See Kangaroos and Koalas IN THE WILD! Walk with wild animals in their natural habitats on this half day eco-tour, led by an experienced Wildlife Guide. This tour is an informative and dramatic introduction to the unique wildlife of Australia.
Join wild mobs of Kangaroos on the plains and in open forests. Their natural instinct is to flee humans, but with care we often get close enough to take photographs and observe their complex social life.
Walk through natural bushland to meet wild koalas, then learn about each one's history and social life from your Wildlife Guide and Koala Researcher. Help Make a Home for Koala Clancy by removing Boneseed (a weed) to make a difference to koala habitat.
At the end of the tour returns to Melbourne.
Note: Depending on weather, season and tour timing the wildlife experiences on this tour may be reversed so that we see the koalas first and kangaroos later
This tour itinerary is the property of Echidna Walkabout
Other Group Tour options
- GTSX - Kangaroos & Koalas – full day with standard picnic
- GTSW - Kangaroos & Koalas – full day, Aboriginal Culture & BBQ lunch with beer and wine
- GTS – Sunset dinner - Kangaroos & Koalas – pm/evening, Aboriginal Culture, 3 course bush dinner with wine and beer
- GTGOR - See the Great Ocean Road in 2 days including Kangaroos & Koalas in the Wild, accommodation and meals.