MARKETING ASSISTANT POSITION
Do you want a marketing career that makes a difference?
- Do you love Australian wildlife, and want to use your marketing skills to promote it to the world?
- Do you have a belief in living sustainably and in helping wild animals to have a future?
Echidna Walkabout (Port Melbourne) seeks a part-time Marketing Assistant to assist the Director of Marketing.
TO APPLY – please fill out this survey:
Create your own user feedback survey
We are seeking a team member who has:
- Tertiary level qualification in marketing, or in tourism with a strong marketing focus, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in CRM database systems and experience with social media marketing, SEO and working with traditional media.
To be considered, your skills must include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic image manipulation skills in graphics program (Photoshop, GIMP or similar).
- Basic video editing skills in Adobe Premiere Elements or similar.
- A strong understanding of social media.
- An understanding of conservation and sustainability ethics.
- A basic understanding of the tourism industry.
- An ability to be organised, punctual and to meet deadlines.
- An ability to learn and work in a team.
- A pleasant, friendly manner.
Applicants with a comprehensive understanding of Australian wildlife will be preferred.
NOTE: DO NOT telephone us. We will NOT accept telephone calls about this advertisement. If you have any questions please email them to Janine
We will only respond to applications that complete the survey in full and fulfill all the criteria.
WILDLIFE GUIDE POSITION
DO YOU KNOW AND LOVE AUSTRALIA’S WILDLIFE?
- Would you like to join Australia’s premier wildlife tour operator as part of a small, enthusiastic and dedicated team devoted to helping international guests understand and protect our wildlife IN THE WILD?
- Do you have a genuine, in depth, knowledge of Australia’s birds, mammals and natural environments and great guiding skills enabling you to enthusiastically and effectively share your knowledge with international visitors?
- Are you open-minded and willing to integrate your skills into our style by participating in our in-house guide training program?
- Are you looking for work?
- Do you live in or near Melbourne?
Echidna Walkabout (Port Melbourne) seeks part-time Wildlife & Nature Guides. We are based in Port Melbourne and have over 20 years experience operating high quality wildlife tours, in the wild, for international visitors.
TO APPLY – your application MUST display:
- A comprehensive, detailed knowledge and understanding of Australian wildlife and environments. (You do not have to be a scientist. We are seeking people who are confident about identifying and describing individual species of birds and mammals)
- Previous guiding experience
STYLE – successful applicants will be:
- passionate about wildlife – in the wild
- able to deliver information about our unique wildlife in a friendly, enthusiastic, respectful and courteous manner
- happy to work closely with Aboriginal People
- willing to participate in our in-house guide training program (regardless of previous experience)
PRESENTATION & PERFORMANCE – you will need to:
- be outgoing and well presented
- have first class communication and public speaking skills
- work unsupervised in wild and natural areas
- guide groups ranging in size from 2 to 40 people
- work alongside our small enthusiastic team
- guide first class, world standard, wildlife tours
BASIC PREREQUISITES – you should:
- have a full drivers license
- bring with you – or be prepared to gain – a Victorian Drivers Certificate
- have Level 2 First Aid Certificate
APPLICATIONS: To better understand our business please research our website: echidnawalkabout.com.au then email your resume, contact details, references and any pertinent information (or questions) to:
Roger Smith, Director Operations, Echidna Walkabout: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: DO NOT telephone us. We will NOT accept telephone calls about this advertisement. If you have any questions please email them to Roger (see above)
We will respond to all applications and contact you if we would like to talk to you further or offer you an interview.
WILDLIFE GUIDE TRAINING
All our tours are fully guided by experienced, highly-trained Wildlife Guides. Read about our Wildlife Guide Training Program